You have a great idea. Now what?
We call our 16-week accelerator program the LaunchPad because that’s exactly what it is—a starting point to help you reach new heights.
In 2013 we will once again search for 10-12 startup companies to award up to $25,000 of seed capital, training and the support to turn ideas into reality.
What you can expect:
- One-on-one mentoring from successful entrepreneurs
- Weekly dinners, speakers and pitch practice
- Co-working space, conference rooms and even living space (optional) at Montclair State University (just 14 miles from New York City)
- Legal and accounting guidance to start your company the right way
- Regular activities, including insider-access trips to Fortune 100 corporations and successful startups
- Frequent exposure to leading seed investors, Angel investors and Venture Capitalists during and after the program
- Access to business and engineering experts, university professors and interns
- FUN! You’ll work hard, but we want you to enjoy the experience and have time to recharge your batteries. Learning to balance your work and personal lives is an important part of the experience
Building a foundation
There is a schedule in place to ensure we touch upon the essential building blocks of a successful startup, though this will only make up a very small portion of your time. It starts with the pitch, and from there our mentors and advisers will guide you as you address all critical areas of your business.
- Competitive analysis and strategic alliances
- Technology, engineering and infrastructure
- Intellectual Property (IP) strategy
- Product plans
- Stress testing
- Defining corporate structure and team roles
- Legal and accounting
- Recruiting talent
- Fund-raising strategies
Sales and Marketing
- Strategic positioning
- Branding, marketing and PR
- Business development and sales
Most days will be yours to do with as you see fit. Use your time to build your product, meet with your mentor or even exchange ideas with other teams. It’s the very reason you’ll be going through the LaunchPad with 9-11 other companies. Your idea will likely evolve over the course of the program, far beyond your initial vision.
At the end of the LaunchPad you’ll be ready to pitch your company to Angel investors, VCs and business executives from across the NYC metro area and beyond.